Saturday, April 1, 2017

Saturday Stinker

Last Saturday we traveled south to Farmington, Utah
 for an obedience trial
Good thing it was indoors cause it rained all day

Photo by Sheryl Hohle
There was a nice lady there that was taking pictures
 and she captured some of my best moments

Photo by Sheryl Hohle


Mom said I was being a bit of a stinker
 and was not very focused 


Photo by Sheryl Hohle

She was glad to see there were some very good moments when I was paying attention

Unfortunately, in between the good moments

Photo by Sheryl Hohle
 there were also moments like this

photo by Dad
We might have still squeaked by but...

Photo by Sheryl Hohle

Shortly after this picture was taken 
(I was doing my sit stay)
I broke my stay and that disqualified us.


But - in the words of Angel Greta
"It was a great learning experience"

Mom & I learn together - she says there are some things she could have done differently to help me stay focused. 

With the weather getting better we can spend more time practicing. Our next trial should be in June


We are the PugRanch Kids
Bailey, Hazel & Mabel


21 comments:

  1. That lady in the blue sweater wuz prolly standin' there jus' to mess yu up. She smelled Gud, huh?
    Better luck nex' in June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mabel in your defense let me say.........had that me Me, Madison D. Cat there they would have disqualified me before immediately. I DO NOT DO ANY THING I'M TOLD TO DO TREATS OR NO TREATS...I'M A REBEL AND MARCH TO MY OWN BEAT. So girlfriend in my book you and your mom won the blue ribbon.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS and instead of sniffy the lady's pants leg I might have possibly given her a little nip..MOLMOLMOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practice makes perfect. We are sure that the lady whose leg you sniffed had put extra distracting smells on herself. Maybe she should be disqualified!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you look so very beautimous when you are focused on your Mama like that and adorable when you are a bit distracted!
    Smiley Smooches!
    Arty

    ReplyDelete
  6. You already do a lot better with that than I could! (I'd be running around barking at everyone!) I'm sure you'll be perfect next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's OK, Mabel - practice makes perfect. We are pretty sure you have already done WAY better than we ever would have done. So what was the great smell on those pants??? BOL

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    You are having fun - that's the impawtant bit!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did 87 thousands times better than I would have, Mabel! Next time will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're a winner in our book!!!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so professional! That lady probably stepped in bacon or something equally yummy. You gotta check that out. Y'all will get 'em next time! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you sure did look beautiful to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mabel, you are an example to follow - Kudos to you and your Mom for doing this! We will be cheering you on as you work towards June!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did better than we could ever do. We just know you will be a champ some day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We don't care, we know you were still the best!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look on the plus side, you didn't bite a judge, right? 😇 Better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMD I don't know if I could stay that focused fur so I fink you did great!!

    xoxo,
    Matt (& Matilda)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look pawfect tome!
    Yur Furend
    louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mabel, you did WAY better than a terrier!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We think you did fabulously!! Life is about learning, we're not born pawfect and we know each and every event you go to you'll be a little better each time. Loved your pictures.

    Molly and my Mom @The Fast and The Furriest

    http://thefastandthefurriestat.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think you looked furry professional! Momma says the same thing bouts me, I am unfocused sometimes, buy seriously theres lots of smells out there. A pups gotta sniff what a pups gotta sniff. We wish you well on the next trial!

    Puppy Growls,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete