Friday, August 26, 2016

A Great Weekend at the Park!


Now you may recall that in June I earned 
my first qualifying score in Rally Novice. 

I have to admit that being my very first time at a trial
 I was very nervous
 but I managed to get a qualifying score
(at least 70 out of 100 pts for Rally - a green ribbon is awarded for qualifying) 
and third place


This last weekend Mom & I went to a beautiful park in Idaho Falls, ID to see if I could get two more qualifies and complete my Rally Novice Title


In Rally we have to go through a course of numbered stations with signs. Each sign tells us what we need to do.  Things like fast, slow, stop - sit  - mom walks around me, 360° turns left or right, that sort of thing. The novice level is done on leash and Mom can talk to me all she wants while we go through the course. I was still a little distracted but I did well enough for 2nd place on Friday!

Saturday was even better despite the fact that Mom had a complete brain fart and cost us 3 points on the very first station!  If you do a station incorrectly you lose 10 pts, but you have one chance to redo for only a 3 pt deduction. At least she redeemed herself by realizing we had done the station wrong and we did a redo.


There were 8 dogs entered in Rally Novice on Saturday 
and I earned FIRST PLACE! 
AND finished my Rally Novice Title!


The turquoise rosette is for finishing a title

On Sunday we were entered in a different class
Beginner Novice Obedience
Obedience is more formal than Rally and other than give basic commands (heel, stay, etc) Mom can't talk to me during an exercise - just in between. 


Our training instructer was watching 
and she said she could see me figure out that
Hey - Mom is not talking to me - I better pay attention




Here we are getting ready to do a figure eight 
around the two peeps

I did a pawfect Sit for Exam 

and then came the hardest exercise

the Sit Stay

Hey Mom! that judge lady is standing behind me!

 I had to stay sitting in the middle while Mom left me and walked all the way around the perimeter of the ring


I hardly moved a muscle much to Mom's delight
(just my head to keep an eye on mom) 

And then the last exercise

The Recall


Mom called me


And I ran so fast
(just like Angel Greta!)


that I had to jump on Mom to stop myself!


And then I sat in front of her pawfectly!

YAY!!!!
My first qualifying score in 
Beginner Novice Obedience
191 pts. out of 200 for second place!



And that is how I earned all these ribbons
and Mom is so proud of me!




They are all real pretty 
but I really like this blue one


We are the PugRanch Kids
Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

30 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    OMD Mabel - you are showing all the signs of becoming a S.T.A.R. Pug... [sensationally trained and regulated]!!! Brava Brava... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at all those ribbons! Great job. Maybe you can come over and teach Ruby a few tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats !!!... now you can sit on all places of the winners podest. You are a super fabulous girl and it's so great to see you and your mom - the dream team :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo!! Super job, both of yu!! 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD, you're a rock star!!! Look at how good you did!! Momma and I did a rally class, and we REALLY enjoyed it. But we couldn't find a place to try out actually doing the courses, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are an absolute champion little one - well done !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mabel, that was brilliant, look at all those ribbons!
    Glad you were there to keep your mum right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do believe you must be quite the smarty pants to do that stuff
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mabel...my goodness me you look just like Angel Greta....100%. I am for sure she was smiling at you during your rally. My goodness the resemblance. MOLMOL you mom made a boo boo NOT you....Maybe they should have a column of points for the Pug and the Mom!!
    Bravo sweet friend and well done. You and your mom are gonna have such fun together.
    Hugs Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so proud of you. You are our champion. Great job. And don't be hard on your mom. With a little more training she will be perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! We are very impressed, Mabel. YOu have done so very well and so very quickly!!! Keep up the great work.

    Kudos to Mom too.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Mabel, you are VERY good! Too bad your mom messed up! Maybe next time she will do better lol!! Happy National Dog Day!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is SUPER!!!! Way to go! We are sure Angel Greta was smiling down on you!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are amazing Mabel!!!!! Happy National Dog Day to you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful, Mabel! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am SOOOOOOOOO happy and proud of you too, Mabel!!!! What a smart (and beautiful) girl you are!!!
    Smileys!
    Arty (Bilbo, Dory & Jakey too)!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You and your mom worked real hard and did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats awesome. We are all proud of you Mabel

    Wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOwdy Little Puggie mates. Wowza and yaahoo, what a fabo achievement. All those ribbons for all your fun and hard work too. Well done. Enjoy a fabo weekend. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are sooooooo proud of you and your mom. ♥ You paid such close attention in the ring and your ribbons are fantastic...especially the blue rosette.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah Mabel!!! You too Mom!

    Love, Gampy

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE, ♥LOVE LOVE♥ THIS!!!! You all should be so proud, this is hard work, and is so well earned and so well deserved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh Mabel.. You are amazing! You and your mom are a real team and do so good!
    How did you learn all this soooo fast? After all your just a puppy,,, well sort of! I love that photo of you flying!
    I hope you get to fly fast more times,, and do all those special things.. You are amazing,, and such a beautiful girl. I see you do not take your eyes off your mom! You are devoted!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mabel you must have really studied hard and it truly sounds and looks like you aced every thing you were suppose to do. You one intelligent gal!
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness - you ROCK, Mabel. You and your mom must have been secretly working super hard! I took a rally class with Shyla (an online class), and it was fun. Alas, I doubt that Shyla could ever handle an actual trial due to her many fear issues but it sure is fun seeing her learn all that stuff.

    Congrats to you and your mom, Mabel. You two are AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look at you go! The recall looks like the most fun part. GREAT JOB, MABEL!

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete