Friday, July 31, 2015

FFHT and Flashback Friday with Greta & Garfield


Today we are joining in Fractured Fryday Hairy Tales 
F.F.H.T.
hosted by Murphy & Stanley

This month's line to include is 
That was the first time I ever ....

You saw on Monday that I kinda beat up on Garfield 
and Mom took him away from me

It seems that Mom used to be a collector of Garfield stuff 
(some of our friends may already know this)
We even have a Garfield Room which you can read about here if you like

Then Mom told me that Angel Greta 
chose the Garfield Cat bed to be her toy box 
when she was just a wee pup.

Let's flashback to a post from October 2012

The Adventures of ..............

"Naughty" Greta

Everyone needs a cool place to keep their toys, right??
This was the toy box when I joined the family.



It had room for toys and puppy size me, but would I still fit as I grew bigger?
Besides it didn't really match my "naughty" style.
I needed something with more attitude.

And who has more attitude than
Garfield the Cat



I measured carefully


Yep! I think this will work just fine!!




Well furiends... 

That was the first time I ever

heard of a pug dog
using a cat bed
as a toy box!!!



Mom told me Greta liked to sit in Garfield 
when she was little


And even when she had grown bigger


Angel Greta loved her Garfield Cat Bed/Toy Box


We are the PugRanch Kids
Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

28 comments:

  1. I finks Garfield makes a pawfect pug bed and toy box!
    Luffs the photos of Angel Greta
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    OMD that is just so adorable - certainly a gal apart, was Gretel - how good that mum told you the story and you were able to pass it on to us Mabel. A lovely 'first' story! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's like a miracle that a dog can sit in a cat... and I bet Garfield would like the idea... do you think he would try this with his frenemy Odie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like the purrrr-fect size fur a Pug. Wonder if it would fit a Weenie dog too? :)

    Hap-Pee Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need that Garfield bed. Where did you get it
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my goodness Angel Greta...what an adorable story of you and Garfield. For sure he has a serious Cat-a-tude...must be where you learned about Pug-a-tude.
    I did so love this flash back and are sending kitty kisses to you.
    Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. We think Greta was a very smart pup to know that Garfield was going to be a very comfy spot for her to snooze. She just looks so sweet in there. Thanks for the flashback.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greta and Garfield. They were just a perfect match.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was good to see Angel Greta again. Agree with Bouncing Bertie that Greta and Garfield were a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greta looks so happy in her Garfield bed. She would be happy to know you like it too.
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, thanks for the lovely memories of Sweet Greta today for FFHT! I love that fun garfield bed/toybox. She had such great personality! *sigh*
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, All American Mutt

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that story. I bet Angel Greta and Angel Sasha are hanging out across the bridge and eating wallymelon all day and having fun.

    Ziggy Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, that is such a wonderful photo of sweet Greta! Thanks for pawticipating!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    PS - Watch for the addition of our "BAR" page on Wednesday so the latest information on the Blogville Awesome Retreat in June 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so sweet and it is nice to see Greta's cute little face with her Garfield. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Angel Greta and Garfield was love at first sight!
    Garfield love Angel Greta too!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. We think that Garfield was the perfect toy box for Angel Greta!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so ADORABLE! That last picture made me smile from ear to ear. Pip used to collect toys and put them in his bed, too. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awe Angel Greta was so adorable in her Garfield kitty bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She sure looked cute curled up in her Garfield toxbox bed.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Greta' You are so adorable (we say are because we believe our dogs still exist just somewhere we can't get to right now) You in the Garfield bed is the cutest thing we have seen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Greta, too too cute. Love the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww, those pics are so cute! What a doll she was.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mabel I bet you and Greta would have been the bestest sisters ever. I am glad you Mommy can share those memories with you and all of us. Why us dogs do so much good by just looking at us we make our humans feel happier.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for sharing that story of Greta. I miss her. Glad she had so much fun in that Garfield bed.

    -Love,
    Sid.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your memories and photos of Angel Greta. What a character and sweetheart she was.

    ReplyDelete