Good Monday Morning Furiends!
We have a video to share with you today
My class instructor took this the day I completed my
Beginner Novice Obedience Title
First we will give you a run down
on what we have to do to earn this title
1. Heeling Pattern - will include a fast, slow, turns and halt with automatic sit. The signs tell us which to do
2. Figure Eight - we must do a figure eight pattern around two people with two halts at judges command. Automatic sits are expected with each halt.
3. Sit for Exam - a sit stay while mom at end of leash and judge walks up and touches head. Must stay until mom returns to heel position
4. Sit Stay - must stay in sit stay while mom walks around the perimeter of the ring and returns
5. Recall - Stay until called - sit in front not required but must stop close enough for mom to be able to touch me.
We start with 200 points. Points are deducted for tight leash, poor/no sits, extra commands, excessive sniffing, poor teamwork. Breaking stay, not coming on command will disqualify you. You must get at least 170 pts. to qualify. Three qualifying scores earn that the title.
I got my first two "legs" last year. We tried to finish the title once in March and twice in June. Twice I broke my stay and the third time I did not come close enough to mom on the recall. So we worked a lot on those two things in preparation for this trial in August.
I qualified and finished the title with a score of 190.5!
You will hear the voice of our instructor later in the video
We are the PugRanch Kids
Hazel & Mabel