Thursday, September 19, 2019

Talk Like a Pirate Day!

In honor of 
Talk Like a Pirate Day
we once again are opening The PugRanch Tavern
originally posted on July 1, 2014

Enjoy!
**************************

The PugRanch Tavern is Open!

To enter 
knock three times 
and
whisper the secret password
(Power of the Paw)

Yes!



Ahoy Mateys ! 

Come In - Come In!

Welcome to our humble establishment 
 and pray tell us

What's yur pleasure ???


We have the finest whiskeys & rums
aged to perfection


 set yourselves and let us
pour you a pint


as we await the arrival of 
Frankie Furter
 the Pirate King of Blogville



Oh doggie, look at those naughty lassies
Greta and Maggie Mae



they challenged the Weim Brothers to a drinking contest


Well blimey 
 you can see how that turned out!



It's almost time!! 
the excitement is building!

Gather ye round -

 Lily !  -  bring more rum !
while Stanley leads us in song


♫♫ Come all ye young doggies that follow the sea, ♫
to my way haye, blow the dog down,
♫ ♫ And pray pay attention and listen to me, ♫♫
Give me some time to blow the dog down.
♫ I'm a deep water sailor just in from Hong Kong, ♫
to my way haye, blow the dog down, 
if you'll give me some grog, I'll sing you a song,
♫ ♫ Give me some time to blow the dog down. ♫ ♫


♫ ♫ ♫
♫ 99 bottles of Rum on the wall ♫
 ♫ 99 bottles of Rum ♫
♫ We'll take one down ♫
♫ and pass it round
♫ then thar's 98 bottles of Rum on the wall ♫
♫ ♫ ♫


Come all ye pirates and lassies
Fill yur glasses and raise them high 
to 
Frankie Furter 
the Pirate King of Blogville!

There are good ships, and there are wood ships, 
The ships that sail the sea. 
But the best ships, are friendships, 
And may they always be.



A toast! A toast!
To all of Blogville a toast!

I wish you health, I wish you well, 
and happiness galore.
I wish you luck for you and friends; 
what could I wish you more?
May your joys be as deep as the oceans,
 your troubles as light as its foam.
And may you find, sweet peace of mind, 
where ever you may roam.

*************************************************


We are the PugRanch Kids
Mabel & Hilda
with special appearances by 
Angel Greta, Angel Bailey, Angel Hazel, Angel Madi, Angel Stella Rose, Angel Sarge, 
Angel Easy, Angel Goose, Angel Shilo and Angel Dietzman

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh so many thanks for this post... so much sweet memories... awwhoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! (Don't think we ever saw this before ...) What a Pirate Day Treat, thanks for sharing ... and with all those loving Angels on board the ship will never sink ...
    but sail happily ever after on calm seas, 'neath blue skies and rainbows bright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a great memory of a Pirate Day from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    OMD...hic!.. 'scuse I... a tot too much of the rum me hearties! Whayyy heey blow the dog down... uh oh... time to go... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We see us!! Thanks, so many memories of when Blogville was a 'rockin'' place! Happy talk like a pirate day. You gave us a HUGE smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh mateys 99 bottles of rum and I'm 87% dumb...I love love love love that you open up the PUG RANCH Tavern. I'm smiling like a Cheshire Cat.
    Sending huggies to my Puggies and all the Angel who made a special appearance today.
    I hope they know not to Drink and Fly!!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was simply wonderful! Thank you and Happy Pirate's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pawfect Blogville Pirate tradition!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful songs, and wonderful poems. and wonderful pictures, and wonderful memories and friendships. We are glag to be friends with you, Mabel and Hilda. Xox Lucy and Xena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my heavens! What a puglicious post, girls! You definitely win doubloons for best pirate post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that the very funniest part was that the Wild Weims were drunk under the table. Pawesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This made us smile and giggle!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete