Monday, August 20, 2018

Obedience Weekend

We apologize for not being around much the last few days


Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Mom & I were at the park in Idaho Falls


It was our favorite trial of the year
The Upper Snake River Valley Dog Training Club
Obedience and Rally Trials


We were entered in the Preferred Novice Obedience Class
Everything is the same as Novice except no group stays

Preferred Novice Exercises
On leash heeling pattern and figure eight
Leash removed - stand for exam
off leash heeling pattern
Sit or down stay while mom walks around ring
Recall - sit in front - finish (return to heel)
Sit stay while mom retrieves leash

Friday I did really well


My first qualifying score in Preferred Novice!


Saturday did not go as well
The judge was very tall and he had a deep loud voice
Although Mom said he was very nice, something about him did not set well with me. I was giving him the evil eye the minute we walked in the ring. I did not like it when he did the stand exam. Still we were qualifying until the recall. I barked at the judge to let him know he was too close. When Mom called me I went right on by her and that was that


I hung out in my camper cause our day wasn't over yet - 



we still had the fun Team competition


We were on the Clown Team



We had a blast entertaining the crowd with our shinanigans
and came away with 4th place ribbons

Then we were back on Sunday for another try at
Preferred Novice Obedience.
Mom & I were both happy to have the same judge 
we had on Friday



Yay! My second qualify!
 We only need one more to earn the title

And we weren't done yet!
After all the obedience classes were done


I was awarded a rosette for
Highest Scoring Dog in the Preferred Classes!!



We sure had a fun time


I also won $45 in gift cards
When are we going shopping Mom??


We are the PugRanch Kids
Hazel & Mabel



22 comments:

  1. oh congrats congrats congrats... you are the super girl and you were da bestestest in da clown team!!! BRAVO Team Pugranch!!! ... I agree with you for the judges, sometimes it is no match and then ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza, you did amazing!! I don't blame you for being skeered by that judge with the deep voice. Deep voices get me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a pretty successful weekend. Just think of all the things you could get for all that money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did GREAT!
    I don't blame you one BIT about the judge! He sounds very scary. I would have buffed at him!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you Mabel. I am not a fan of certain tones of voices either. You know we like what we like and we can't help it. I absolutely love your clown hat and collar and I think you deserve 1000 points for fashion.
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Brilliance, that is what took place this weekend!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most impressive weekend. You wear your costumes amd award ribbons well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! My daughter always calls the obedience competitions the smart dog contests! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's pawtastic! Congrats Team PugRanch and Team Clown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to you and your mom, Mabel! We love the clown outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mabel you are such a star. Why should you perform for tall men with loud voices whom you take a dislike to?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too bad that the BIG man threw you off your marvelous performances, Mabel. But mega congrats on all your other medals, including the clown fun:) It looks like you had some very nice weather too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. WAHOO!!! I can't believe what a lucky guy I am to have such a talented gal!!!
    xoxo,
    Arty

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well...we believe you that there was something not quite right about that second judge. We ALWAYS believe the dog. Dogs know....
    Congrats on your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You make an adorable clown! Congrats on the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woot! Woot! We are so super duper proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did so awesome. You are our super hero. We don't like big men with deep voices either. They shouldn't be judges. Great job champ.

    ReplyDelete
  18. WoooHoooo!!!! Way to go gurl!!! You are a ROCK STAR! I would have pushed that second judge down...yeah, that's how I roll...
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mabel, this weekend you earned my R-E-S-P-E-C-T. (R.I.P. Aretha) Maybe someday I can pay enough attention to get those ribbons, too! ~Xena

    ReplyDelete
  20. You really did do well. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on doing so well! That 'fun completion' looked like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mabel,, you are our super star! You did soooo good!
    And you and your mom made very cute clowns!
    Your ribbons are so pretty,,, and you earned them all!
    Congratulations!

    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete